In this episode, host Jennifer Thompson chats with Dr. Charles Thompson, a practicing independent physician with Vascular Specialist of Central Florida about the state of being a private, independent practice and the challenges they face in today’s healthcare environment.
Consolidation, as well as COVID, has been one of the biggest disrupters in healthcare for private practices. Private/Independent practices have to find a way to get bigger or find a niche in order to grow their practice. The consolidation affects the flow of patient referrals a private practice needs to stay in business.
Tune in to discover:
- The history of Dr. Thompson’s practice and why they decided to remain independent.
- What are some of the other benefits as providers and for your patients by being independent?
- What changes have they noticed in terms of their referral patterns?
- How they have adapted to these shifts in your referrals.
- Do they have an opinion on a solution?
- Advice for other practices experiencing similar shifts throughout the nation.
- Benefits of remaining a private practice.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Elisabeth Buford (see all)
- 6 Strategies to Increase Healthcare Referrals - 05/15/2023
- 5 Best Practices for Healthcare Referral Coordinators - 05/04/2023
- Trending Technologies in Healthcare - 04/27/2023