In this episode, host Jennifer Thompson chats with Dr. Charles Thompson, a practicing independent physician with Vascular Specialist of Central Florida about the state of being a private, independent practice and the challenges they face in today’s healthcare environment.
Consolidation, as well as COVID, has been one of the biggest disrupters in healthcare for private practices. Private/Independent practices have to find a way to get bigger or find a niche in order to grow their practice. The consolidation affects the flow of patient referrals a private practice needs to stay in business.
Tune in to discover:
- The history of Dr. Thompson’s practice and why they decided to remain independent.
- What are some of the other benefits as providers and for your patients by being independent?
- What changes have they noticed in terms of their referral patterns?
- How they have adapted to these shifts in your referrals.
- Do they have an opinion on a solution?
- Advice for other practices experiencing similar shifts throughout the nation.
- Benefits of remaining a private practice.
Latest posts by Elisabeth Buford (see all)
- Press Ganey on New Healthcare Consumer Experience Trends - 07/26/2022
- Using PR to Build Your Healthcare Practice’s Brand - 06/16/2022
- An Expert’s Guide to Price Transparency - 05/17/2022