Reduce the number of unnecessary specialist referrals while improving the patient experience
Benefits of eConsults
Minimize unnecessary referrals, improve access to specialty care, and streamline workflow for better patient outcomes
Prevent Unnecessary Referrals
eConsults allow primary care providers to confer with specialists about patient cases in order to prevent unnecessary referrals.
Patients often face long wait times to see specialists and eConsults can improve access to specialty care by allowing primary care providers to treat patients.
Guidance by specialists in eConsults allow primary care providers to treat patients and avoid costs associated with face-to-face visits with specialists.
Referrals can be automatically converted to consults for certain specialties based on rules
In-network specialists can define availability for receiving consults
If the network does not offer certain specialties or providers are not available then ConferMED can be used as the default receiver
ConferMED Specialist Network
ConferMED’s network of 300 specialists represents most pediatric and adult specialties
ConferMED can be used for all consults or only when certain specialties are not represented in the PCP’s network or the in-network specialists are not available
Learn more about ConferMED Specialist Network
- Define customized statuses in consult management workflow.
- Custom statuses are listed in left sidebar on Consults page. Custom priorities can also be defined.
- Drag-and-drop PDFs, images, videos and other medical files directly into ReferralMD with no file size restrictions.
- Get feedback on your work and create an archive for everyone to view anytime.
- Search everything that’s been posted in your messages.
- Learn the context of past decisions or see if someone’s already solved the problem at hand.
- Message & Exchange FIles with Providers
- Task Management
- Alert Notifications
- Audit Log
Message & Exchange FIles with Providers
Send messages to providers and exchange patient files (x-rays, labs, dicoms) in real-time, regardless of the format or size.
Assign tasks to yourself, others, or a department and receive notifications when tasks are due, overdue, or completed.
Full accountability for every patient, every referral, and every change made in the referral system.