Reduce the number of unnecessary specialist referrals while improving the patient experience
Prevent Unnecessary Referrals using Consults
Electronic consults allow primary care offices to invite specialists to a secure online discussion to review a specific patient case and exchange messages and files prior to sending the referral. These eConsults speed communications between providers.
PCPs and patients are often faced with long wait times to see a specialist but with consults, with ReferralMD, the wait can be shortened dramatically.
Improve Feedback / Reduce Delay
eConsults help improve feedback from a specialty consultation that normally can take weeks or months to be returned to the PCP, decreasing the chances that the PCP will refer again.
- Define customized statuses in consult management workflow.
- Custom statuses are listed in left sidebar on Consults page. Custom priorities can also be defined.
- Drag-and-drop PDFs, images, videos and other medical files directly into ReferralMD with no file size restrictions.
- Get feedback on your work and create an archive for everyone to view anytime.
- Search everything that’s been posted in your messages.
- Learn the context of past decisions or see if someone’s already solved the problem at hand.
ConferMED Specialist Network
- ConferMED’s network of 300 specialists represents most pediatric and adult specialties.
- It can be used for all consults or only ones where a specific specialty is not represented in the PCP’s network.
- When ConferMED is enabled, consults will be sent there from your account.