Recruiting and retaining the right talent at a medical practice has become a much greater challenge in recent years, especially due to the disruption of COVID-19 and the era of medical staff shortages or “The Great Resignation.”
If you are running a short-staffed healthcare practice right now, you are not alone. How can healthcare leaders create a culture at work focused on wellness, engagement, and productivity to help employees commit to the practice for the long haul? Listen to our latest podcast to learn how.
In this episode, host Jennifer Thompson discusses tools and tips related to taking care of employees with healthcare consultant and coach, Sondra Hoffman. With more than 30 years of experience in both large and mid-size, private and private equity-backed practices, Sondra helps healthcare leaders develop strong collaborative teams to enhance the patient experience.
Tune in to the episode to learn:
- Tools to alleviate the cycle of anxiety among both employees and employers, with a focus on self-care and high levels of communication
- Questions that can be asked during the recruiting process to gain some insight on the applicant and determine if the relationship is the right fit for both parties
- How to develop an onboarding process posed for success
- Recommendations for creating a safe environment to ask and receive feedback from employees, taking advantage of latest technologies and digital avenues
- How to cultivate a culture of proximity and individual empowerment in which employees thrive without being enticed by the opportunities offered by competitors