Healthcare Leadership Podcast Series
Healthcare Leadership Podcast presented by ReferralMD - your go-to resource for increasing practice efficiency and revenue. In each episode, we share tips, tricks, trends, and real stories from physicians and healthcare executives so you can hear what really works to grow your practice.
How Should Payors Think About Chronic Pain?
Pain. Something that most, if not all of us, have experienced. That being said, the topic of pain is broad. In this episode, host Jennifer Thompson chats with Dr. Michael Hooten, MD, and Dr. Kayode Williams M.D. Both serve on the American Academy of Pain Medicine. They discuss pain and pay and how payors have thought about pain in the past, and what they see as the future of pain and value-based care.
Tune in to discover:
- How payors have thought about pain in the past and how they should think about it today.
- What are the biggest challenges pain specialists face in regards to payors?
- Value-based care – definition and the importance of it in today’s healthcare world.
- American Academy of Pain Medicine – what is AAPM and how does the organization advance the pain subspecialty.
- Suggestions on educating payors and implementing change
- Advice for other practices experiencing similar shifts throughout the nation
- For young residents coming out of school, the importance of joining an association like AAPM. What kind of support or tools or doors can be opened?
Register for a Demo and Save 50% on Implementation
Learn more about ReferralMD