Wanted to say thanks to Scott Nelson from Medsider.com for asking us to do this interview.
Referral communication within the healthcare setting is often one-way, damn near impossible to track, and sometimes does not include the required patient information. Don’t believe me? Check out these stats:
- 25% of primary care providers (PCP’s) do not receive timely information from specialists after the patient referral is made.
- 68% of specialists receive no information from PCP’s prior to patient referral visits.
- The end result: 60% of referrals go unscheduled and 25% of scheduled referral appointments are missed.
So what can be done to fix the broken healthcare referral system?
Listen to the full interview about patient referrals and how we can fix the system today.
Latest posts by Jonathan Govette (see all)
- Saint Joseph’s/Candler Selects ReferralMD for its Referral Management and Patient Leakage Solutions - 06/07/2018
- Top 13 Healthcare Technology Innovations of 2018 – ReferralMD - 01/02/2018
- Healthcare Associates of Texas: Dallas Primary Care Partners with ReferralMD to Improve Communication with Specialists - 12/07/2017