Healthcare Leadership Podcast Series
Healthcare Leadership Podcast presented by ReferralMD - your go-to resource for increasing practice efficiency and revenue. In each episode, we share tips, tricks, trends, and real stories from physicians and healthcare executives so you can hear what really works to grow your practice.
Episode 2 - Does the Consolidation of Independent Practices Hurt Healthcare?
Consolidation is a normal part of any industry, but how is the current trend of consolidation in healthcare (be it from private equity or hospital buyouts), affecting physicians and patients?
In this episode, hosts John Ellis and Jennifer Thompson chat with Marni Jameson Carey, Executive Director of the Association of Independent Doctors. Listen as we share how the consolidation of independent practices may hurt health care by driving up costs, harming patients, and burning out doctors. We also discuss what trends are afoot that could help slow or reverse the consolidation of independent practices and how price transparency is key to attracting and retaining the patients of tomorrow.
Tune in to discover:
- What are the main drivers behind this consolidation? Why should we be concerned?
- What is the role of Private Equity? Private equity continues to invest in healthcare, is there a cost?
- What’s our best hope for decreasing the cost of healthcare?
- Marni will discuss her view on healthcare price transparency and why her effort is such an essential part of the solution?
- If independent doctors are such a bargain compared to employed physicians, why don’t more post their prices?
- What legislation should we be watching, and how can we help?
Links to topics discussed:
Register for a Demo and Save 50% on Implementation
Learn more about ReferralMD