The days are gone when you could create website with 5 pages of bad content, no formatting, or graphics and pray that it would drive patients through your door. Patients want great content that teach them to live better lives, and if you want to grow your practice, you better have a plan.
What were they thinking!
Prepare first, Promote later…
Before we chat about why videos are necessary in the modern age, I want to provide you with a solid foundation to help guide you to success with these articles we wrote recently. They should give you starting point on which you can build an amazing campaign.
Why is great content important?
Great content sets you a part from everyone else, helps you brand you and your company as an authority in healthcare. Authority has to be earned, and it takes a long time to build up trust with people that are searching for medical or dental related services.
Thus it’s extremely important to have a credible website that includes educational material and other important statistics that teach your patients something important and not just a promotional (self-absorbed) site that only talks about your services.
Content Tip – Include how-to guides that better a patients health (eating healthy, exercise, etc..)
This educational material can be in writing, images, or in a video format. Using a combination of the three can improve engagement and keep patients coming back to your site time and time again. This will keep you on top of mind when they make referrals to other friends and family.
Are you missing out?
Video marketing is not a new subject for healthcare, but many have yet to upgrade their strategies for a more affluent patient. You do not have much time, by 2014 3D and HD internet video will make up 46% of internet traffic.
So what are patients searching for? Today patients are not just looking for symptoms, but researching doctors, what treatments to get, and education on how those treatments are administered.
So to set yourself a part, wouldn’t it be wise to have videos that showcased not only your facility, your staff, but guides on how to improve patient health and explanation videos for procedures that are confusing and require additional education.
Patient Education with Video
So what is an explainer video? An explainer video is a short 1 to 3 minute video that helps explain a complex subject in a short, but fun and compelling way. These types of videos are written like a short movie, with story-boarding and animation. We researched a lot of video companies that offered these types of videos and found a great one called Kukuzoo.com.
Kukuzoo is owned by Don Radhay, and his team does amazing work. If you are in the market for a great video, we recommend them highly.
Here is an example from The Owen Lab. Kukuzoo created a video to explain a service that helps vegetative state patients answer yes or no questions.
The fun and compelling short clip draws the viewers attention in a creative way showcasing the brand and the message.
Benefits : More than just a video
There are many benefits that you may not immediately think of, (yes I know you are already strapped for time and cash) but… Here are a few reasons why you should add one.
- Over 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- You’re 53 times more likely to appear on Google’s first page if you have video.
- Online video delivers 10 times the response rate than static text and graphics.
- Click-through rates increase by 96% when you embed video in e-newsletters.
So what does this all mean?
- Video content, depending on the length and how well it is made can keep a visitor on your website much longer and the likelihood of them calling or making a purchase rises dramatically.
- Video also helps you rank higher on Google and promotes your practice too many more users then your standard website when they are searching for your specific specialty.
For the first time in history, people surf the web more then they watch TV, so it’s time to add your healthcare organization to the world wide web. Make it entertaining, informational and interesting and you will see great results.
Latest posts by Jonathan Govette (see all)
- Spring Hospital Selects ReferralMD to Streamline their Referral Process and Close the Feedback Loop - 07/19/2018
- Saint Joseph’s/Candler Selects ReferralMD for its Referral Management and Patient Leakage Solutions - 06/07/2018
- Top 13 Healthcare Technology Innovations of 2018 – ReferralMD - 01/02/2018