Medical Marketing | Dental Marketing Services – 3 Tips
You may have a website, a Facebook page, and a blog. You have some type of online presence and you are wondering how you might use it to market your practice.
If you’re new at this or just getting started, these three medical marketing tips can help you establish and build your online presence into a useful marketing tool.
Blog. There is no better way to get your presence known than to write a blog. Don’t think of it as a marketing piece. Think of it as a way to share information and educate your readers.
If you write a blog…
- Have a clear point of view and share it
- Write in a reader-friendly, conversational tone
- Keep it to less than 500 words (readers have a short attention span)
- Add a question at the end to solicit input and generate conversation
- Wrap it up with a referral to your website (Direct the reader to do something, often called an action item like Call today or email us for more information)
Keep in mind people reading your blog are looking for tidbits of advice and insight. If you can get a discussion going, you are more likely to attract more readers. Additionally, you may get clues to other topics for future blogs.
Need help writing blogs every week, and do not have the time? Contact www.Blogmutt.com for assistance
Dear Dr. However you establish your online presence, do not give medical advice online. When interacting with patients and consumers they are apt to ask medical questions specific to their particular situation. You may be tempted to respond as a gesture of good will. You’re better off directing them to your website or office number. Don’t put yourself in the position of potentially handing out wrong advice.
Connect. In the everyday world, it can sometimes be too easy to think of physicians as cool, clinical, and rational. We often forget the very real human element that plays an important part in patient treatment. That connection needs to carry over into world of healthcare marketing.
Make a connection through e-newsletters, personal notes, press releases, and online postings. Be involved in something you are passionate about in your community and write about it in your blog. Keep in mind you have two audiences: the patient and referring physicians. Connect with colleagues to find out what has worked for them.
Medical Marketing is about having a presence, whether it is online or in-person. That means using all the tools available to you, like ReferralMD.
Here are 3 other Medical or Dental Marketing strategies that you may find useful.
What online marketing tools have you found work best for your practice?
Latest posts by Jonathan Govette (see all)
- Saint Joseph’s/Candler Selects ReferralMD for its Referral Management and Patient Leakage Solutions - 06/07/2018
- Top 13 Healthcare Technology Innovations of 2018 – ReferralMD - 01/02/2018
- Healthcare Associates of Texas: Dallas Primary Care Partners with ReferralMD to Improve Communication with Specialists - 12/07/2017