Interview with Jonathan Govette, Founder of ReferralMD
We’re happy to announce a new interview series that examines and discusses emerging topics in the healthcare world. All interviews will be available on ReferralMD’s top ranked healthcare blog.
How would you describe ReferralMD?
- Build and maintain a strong referral network for improved revenue growth
- Enhance private practice provider relationships to prevent referral leakage
- Gain insight into referral patterns for optimal patient experience and repeat business
- Leverage EHR investment through companion technology for end-to-end care delivery
What inspired you to start working on ReferralMD?
- With my mother consistently in the hospital for much of her life, I have seen many care transitions and communications between providers go wrong. As a software developer I decided to do something about it and help my family and many others receive better care.
- The need to collaborate with my own team of medical and non-medical business partners was always on the forefront of my mind. From the time of creating my own Think Tank, there was a need for better collaboration and management. In order to keep the Think Tank in sync, I created a collaboration platform that would eventually became the basis for ReferralMD.
How do you feel your previous experiences have helped you in starting your own company?
How long did it take to develop the initial version of the software? How often are you putting out updates and new versions?
We initially created a marketing website to get a sense of how many health systems in the country had a patient access or leakage challenge and started creating in-depth educational publications to teach ways to improve. Over time, the top medical schools in the country published referralMD content on their Blackboards to teach their students about the business side of healthcare.
We tested, gathered feedback, tested again, and then launched publicly to the world in 2013.
g that is unique with our platform is we release major updates almost every 2 weeks, far more often than most other companies in the standard medical software world, who usually release every 3 to 12 months.
What does your platform offer over your competitors? What unique features differentiate your product?
What is next for ReferralMD?
This Interview is Brought to You By ReferralMD: The Leading Enterprise Patient Access Platform